2 Min Read
Everyone wants a healthy body. And I am no different. I have been working out for a few months but was not really happy with the results I got. Frankly speaking, I was actually looking for a natural way to stay healthy and fit.
In my ordeal to stay healthy, I started researching about the changes in my lifestyle I can make to achieve a healthy body. My research led me to an interesting fact. That eating healthy is as important as working out. Today, when I say my friends that I am healthy because of what I eat, alone many people don’t believe it. Maybe because my diet has many unconventional choices. I would like to share my uncommon superfood list which can help you too to maintain your health fitness. So, here I go.
- Berries: Berries like cranberry, raspberry, strawberry etc are sweet, attractive and rich in fiber and antioxidant. Making them a regular part of your diet help you boost immunity levels.
- Leafy Greens: Leafy greens are a great source of vitamins, chemicals and phytochemicals. Also, they are a great source of fiber, too. Having them regularly can help you preserve your vision, boost your immunity and boost your overall health.
- Exotic Nuts: Consuming exotic nuts like hazelnut, pecans and walnuts can boost protein levels in your body. Also, they can help reduce the risk of heart disease as they are rich in mono-saturated fats.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is rich in Vitamin E along with mono-saturated fatty acids, polyphenols and is a healthy alternative to other forms of cooking oils.
- Whole Grains: Consuming whole grains can make your stomach healthy as it is rich in fiber. Also, whole grains lower cholesterol levels and protect against the chances of diabetes, heart diseases and other lifestyle ailments.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is rich in calcium protein and probiotics which are forms of good bacteria to protect your body from several diseases.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, radish, turnip, etc. are rich in vitamin, minerals and fibers which makes them a potent Superfood that can protect you from a number of diseases.
- Legumes: Legumes are high in fiber and plant-based protein and should be added in one’s daily diet to protect oneself from the risk of heart diseases.
- Avocado: Avocado contains fibers, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats along with oleic acid, a form of MUFA (mono-saturated fat) that is known to reduce inflammation in the body. Avocados help reduce the risk of diabetes, metabolic syndrome, cancer and heart diseases.
- Seaweed: Seaweeds are nutrient-rich sea vegetables that are a common part of south-east Asian cuisine. Seaweeds are rich in Vitamin K, folate, iodine, bioactive compounds, antioxidants and fiber- all of which are known to improve overall health.
So, here it is. I know many foods out of my list may not very common to you, but trust me, you want them to be in your diet if you want to stay healthy. You would be amazed by the results and also how these foods help you stay energetic for the entire day. That’s killing two birds with a single stone. Isn’t it great?
If you are conscious about fitness but are busy in with your daily routine, just include these superfoods in your diet. Eating these regularly can provide significant health benefits and ensure that your dietary and nutrition requirements are always fulfilled. I managed to enjoy a fit body with this small change in my diet and hope you will get the same results, too.